FusionReactor Cloud Alerting allows you to create checks based on the values of metric data gathered by a FusionReactor agent. The alerting system is comprised of several components:
- Checks are the basis of the conditions that are processed by the alerting engine
- Alerts are generated if the conditions of a check are met
- Subscriptions can be added to a check and are used to notify different channels when an alert is generated
Checks can take two forms:
- Threshold checks are used to alert when a metric value crosses a defined threshold
- Status checks are used to alert when the status online / offline of a server, or group of servers changes
Checks are created using the following interface
When all of the required fields for a check are completed, a preview graph showing the current data and the check period is generated.
The alerting engine runs every 60 seconds - if data is available for the check period selected the check will be processed immediately.
Once a condition has been created, a subscription can be added to the check.
See the Subscriptions section below for information on creating a subscription.
The final screen shows a preview of the check that has been created and any additional options that can be added at this stage.
To view your alerts:
- Go to Alerting
- View the "Alerts" tab
Here you will see all the alerts for your account that are recorded. There are various options to filter the alert log available in the filter bar.
When a check has been processed, it can fall into one of the following states:
When a check has fallen into or out of OK, WARNING or ERROR state you will receive an alert notifying you of this.
The alert will be sent to the subscription you have enabled on the check.
The following alerting subscriptions are currently supported:
Alerting configurations can be found under settings > configuration > alert services. To configure a service click the Configuration button next to that service.
No configuration is required.
More information: https://www.flowdock.com/
- From your main Flowdock screen (after logging in), click your username on the navigation bar and select 'Account'
- Select 'API tokens' on the left navigation
- Scroll down until you see 'Flow API tokens' heading
- Select the inbox you wish to use and take the API Token provided
- Enter Webhook URL in the individual sevices after creating an alert check.
More information: https://www.opsgenie.com/
- After you login to OpsGenie, click 'Integrations' on the left navigation bar
- Select the 'Configure Integrations' tab
- Select Default API (Rest API HTTPS over JSON)
- Use the API Key listed on that page.
More information: https://www.pagerduty.com/
- After logging into the PagerDuty service, you can select 'Configuration' on the top navigation bar
- Here you can crete a service to represent your FRCloud alerts
- View a service and select the 'Settings' tab
- Provide us with the integration key
More information: https://pushover.net/
- After you login to Pushover, 'Register an Application'
- Enter the details required
- After redirection, use 'API Token/Key'
More information: https://slack.com/
- Sign into slack and click https://api.slack.com/docs/oauth-test-tokens
- Generate and provide that token
More information: https://portal.victorops.com
- Sign into VictorOps and click 'Settings' on the top navigation bar
- Select the 'Integrations' tab
- Select 'REST Endpoint' on the list to the right
- Select 'Enable Integration'
- Provide the Post URL
Above: Confirmation dialog for resetting HipChat service
You can reset the configuration for a service by clicking the Reset button next to that service.
When a service configuration is reset the following will happen:
- You will no longer be able to select and use that service when Adding sevices to a check
- Each sevice that is linked to that service will receive an Alert informing them that the service has been reset.
- Each sevice that is linked to that service will no longer receive Alerts triggered by Custom checks and Automatic checks.